Tibetan Editing on Windows Computers
Unicode input methods and complex script display on Windows Vista or Windows 7
No software needs to be installed: Windows Vista / 7 already contain all three required components:
- an input method (see Control Panel → Regional and Language settings for a Tibetan keyboard, the Chinese National Standard of Tibetan Keyboard Layout
- support to display Tibetan script
- a Unicode Tibetan font, Microsoft Himalaya.
An introduction on how to use the Windows built-in Tibetan Keyboard can be found at yalasoo.com.
Additional Tibetan Fonts and Wylie Input Methods
Or you can use another Wylie Tibetan keyboard: DenjongTibType on all Windows platforms, including 32- and 64-bit versions.
- To download DenjongTibType and his short documentation, please go to: Tibetan Input Method for Windows.
- For a description on how to install and use the Wylie input method TISE, check: Tibetan Input Method for Windows.
- For list of additional Tibetan fonts, check Tibetan Fonts.
Typing and Editing
You can start directly using any Unicode-aware editor, such as Notepad, Notepad++, vim, OpenOffice, or the latest Microsoft Office, to create Tibetan documents in standard Unicode encoding.