Localization is the process of adapting internationalized software for a specific region or language by adding locale-specific components and translating text.
Why it is important to provide software in Tibetan
One of the main parts of culture is its language. When the language dies, the real culture dies; it lives on only in museums. Computers are a big part of the world culture today, enabling all people to talk to each other. If Tibetan is not used in the world of computers, then Tibetan culture cannot be part of that world. 
How to help
Tibetan localization codes
There are codes in a standard format to use for languages. The first part is the language, and the second (in CAPS) is the current politically-recognised country it is spoken in:
bo_BO - Tibetan in Tibet (in past)
bo_IN - Tibetan in India
bo_US - Tibetan in United States
bo_ZH - Tibetan inside China
- Some references:
- About the Language code, at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_code
- The language codes, at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.orgwiki/ISO_639-1_language_matrix
- The country codes, at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
- Very technical - The standards for these codes:
- Tags for Identifying Languages [September 2009] - RFC 5646
- Best Practices for language tags [September 2006] - RFC 4647
Tibetan localization projects
These are some projects that are wished for, that are under way, or that have been done. Most of them use the standard gettext .po file, and some use their own format.
- Android phone Tibetan keyboard
- Joomla CMS
- Menalto Gallery
- XPDF PDF viewer
- WordPress CMS
See the Tibetan localization projects page for details.
Websites in Tibetan
By no means all of them! This is just a list of some representative sites using Unicode Tibetan and good web practices.
- Central Tibetan Administration tibet.net/tb/ (WordPress)
- Central Tibetan Relief Committee tibetgov.net/bodyig/ (flat file)
- Dalai Lama Tibetan site gyalwarinpoche.com (custom php)
- Dawa Karpo dawakarpo.com (Joomla)
- Khab dha khabda.org (WordPress)
- Re Wa'i Lam rewailam.blogspot.com (Blogger)
- Shambala Post shambalapost.com (Joomla)
- Internationalization and localization, at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalization_and_localization
- Language localization, at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_localization
- What it is; the difference between internationalization and localization; the localization process.