Localization is the process of adapting internationalized software for a specific region or language by adding locale-specific components and translating text.
Why it is important to provide software in Tibetan
One of the main parts of culture is its language. When the language dies, the real culture dies; it lives on only in museums. Computers are a big part of the world culture today, enabling all people to talk to each other. If Tibetan is not used in the world of computers, then Tibetan culture cannot be part of that world. 
Any non-techie who knows Tibetan, can help in these projects by doing translations. The techie person will know how to get the translations into the correct form for the software.
Tibetan localization projects
- XPDF (Ubuntu) https://launchpad.net/xpdf-intl/trunk
- Check link for status (developer is looking for Tibetan translations for computer terms - July 2010)
- Internationalization and localization, at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalization_and_localization
- Language localization, at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_localization
- What it is; the difference between internationalization and localization; the localization process.