How to use Scribus desktop publishing software with Tibetan script
Scribus is an open desktop publishing software available for many platforms, including Linux macOS and Windows. Current development version of Scribus (starting with Scribus 1.5.3svn) are fully supporting complex script rendering for Tibetan script.
Scribus is a free and open alternative to Adobe Indesign.
It is suitable for complex typesetting tasks, including pechas, and supports python as scripting language.
- As for Feb. 2017, Scribus 1.5.3svn needs to be built from source.
- Scribus is currently affected by the Harfbuzz bug.
- Tibetan support in development versions of Scribus 1.5.3svn and higher: https://www.scribus.net/new-text-layout-engine-with-full-opentype-support/
- How to edit Tibetan texts
- Preparing Computers for Tibetan Editing
- How to prepare InDesign CS5, CS6 for Tibetan script