A spellchecker for Tibetan and Libre- or OpenOffice
Elie Roux has published the source code for a Tibetan language spell-checker on github. The project allows building of a Tibetan spell-check file based on Hunspell. The results can be used with Firefox, OpenOffice, LibreOffice and Adobe Indesign.
The syllables present in the dictionary files are those present in the Bod rgya tshik mdzod chen mo dictionary, except syllables not conform to standard tibetan grammar rules, so Sanskrit transliterations are not included.
Tibetan Grammar rules have been taken mainly from:
- Manuel de Tibétain Standard by Nicolas Tournadre
- Le clair mirroir by Kesang Gyurmé, translation of Nicolas Tournadre
- The Illuminator Dictionary by Tony Duff
- An Introduction to the Grammar of the Tibetan Language by Chandra Das available at http://archive.org/details/grammaroftibetan00dass
For a complete description, see the readme on github: https://github.com/eroux/tibetan-spellchecker/blob/master/README
OpenOffice and LibreOffice
For those who don't want to build the extension themselves, here's a prebuilt version:
Download File:Tibetan-spellchecker.oxt.zip (Build-date: 20-Apr-2014)
Then, unpack the ZIP file and start OpenOffice:
In Libre- or OpenOffice use Tools / Extension Manager ... / Add... to install the extension
Restart OpenOffice to activate the extension.
Type some Tibetan, and make sure that the language is set to Tibetan (PR China).
You can set the language using the menu Tools / Language / For all text.
- Elie Roux' project on github: https://github.com/eroux/tibetan-spellchecker