Tibetan support in Android 6 Marshmallow
Android 6 with full Tibetan rendering and font support
Starting with the Android 6 release, Google's mobile operating system now contains a Tibetan font (Noto Tibetan, also for download for other uses), and the complex script rendering engine that had already been added to Android.
In order to use Tibetan on an Android 6 or higher device, users need to install a Tibetan Input method. A request to add this as part of the OS is still open for the time being. There are free third party Tibetan keyboards available that work with all applications:
- Tibetan Keyboard by Iron Rabbit (recommended).
- Multiling keyboard or it's newer version Multiling O keyboard
- Tibetan-English Dictionary by Christian Steinert
- The Monlam Tibetan-English dictionary
- The TBRC app
- GoldenDict for Android (free version) or GoldenDict (paid version with no ads and unlimited dictionaries)
- Google's issue tracking entry on adding Tibetan script support: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=53976#c47
- Bug report for missing Tibetan standard keyboards: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=53976