Tibetan Editing on Windows Computers
Note: for old Windows versions see: []
Unicode input methods and complex script display on Windows 7, 8
No software needs to be installed: Windows already contains all three required components:
- an input method (see Control Panel → Regional and Language settings for a Tibetan keyboard, the Chinese National Standard of Tibetan Keyboard Layout
- support to display Tibetan script
- a Unicode Tibetan font, Microsoft Himalaya.
An introduction on how to use the Windows built-in Tibetan Keyboard can be found at yalasoo.com.
Additional Tibetan Fonts and Wylie Input Methods
Input Methods (Wylie)
- TISE. TISE supports Wylie on 32bit and 64bit Windows installations (since version 2.0). For a description on how to install and use the Wylie input method TISE, check: Tibetan Input Method for Windows.
- DenjongTibType. Denjong TibType, another Wylie Tibetan keyboard, works on all Windows platforms, including 32- and 64-bit versions. To download DenjongTibType and the short documentation, please go to: Tibetan Input Method for Windows.
- For list of additional Tibetan fonts, check Tibetan Fonts.
Typing and Editing
You can start directly using any Unicode-aware editor, such as Notepad, Notepad++, vim, OpenOffice, or the latest Microsoft Office, to create Tibetan documents in standard Unicode encoding.