Tibetan Dictionary for OS-X
Currently, the solution for OS-X is GoldenDict - online and offline Tibetan dictionaries combined
- The Rangjung Yeshe dictionary integrated into the Mac OS-X dictionary
Note: in order to help improving future versions of the dictionary:
- if you cannot find an entry in those dictionaries above, please create an (empty) entry on http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. This way a definition can be added later.
- If you know the definition yourself, of course you can directly add it to http://rywiki.tsadra.org/.
- Note: The dictionary on this page is based on the Rangjung Yeshe Tibetan dictionary created by Erik Pema Kunsang, the Rangjung Yeshe Institute and the people at http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. They are published with the kind permission of Erik Pema Kunsang.
- This dictionary file extends the Mac standard dictionary with the ability to translation Unicode Tibetan text.
- You can search for Tibetan translations in the following ways:
- Enter Tibetan Unicode (using a Tibetan Input Method, see Mac section) into the dictionary application.
- Enter Tibetan expressions in Spotlight search.
- Mark any Tibetan Unicode text and press <ctrl><cmd><d>
- This is not tested for OS-X versions below 10.6
- You need a Tibetan Input method: follow the instructions for the Mac OS-X section at Tibetan Input Method.
- Download the zip-file below
- Unpack the ZIP file into Library/Dictionaries. It can be either copied into the
Macintosh HD/Library/Dictionariesfolder, or into the
Library/Dictionariesfolder within your home directory.
- Within preferences, enable the Tibetan dictionary (see Image 5).
- Download the dictionary for Mac OS-X here.
The dictionary data are copyright Erik Pema Kunsang, Rangjung Yeshe and http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. Publication with kind permission of Erik Pema Kunsang.
Thank you to the people at the Rangjung Yeshe Institute and the editors of http://rywiki.tsadra.org/ for the creation of the dictionary. A special thank-you to Erik Pema Kunsang for making this all possible.