Dictionaries on this site
Rangjung Yeshe Tibetan dictionary
Note: The following dictionaries are based on the Rangjung Yeshe Tibetan dictionary created by Erik Pema Kunsang, the Rangjung Yeshe Shedra and the people at DharmaDictionary.net. They are published with the kind permission of Erik Pema Kunsang.
- GoldenDict - online and offline Tibetan dictionaries combined. (Windows, Mac OS-X, Linux)
- Tibetan Dictionaries for Mobile Devices (Android, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, N900, maemo, Meego)
Note: in order to help improving future versions of the dictionary:
- if you cannot find an entry in those dictionaries above, please create an (empty) entry on http://dharmadictionary.net. This way a definition can be added later.
- If you know the definition yourself, of course you can directly add it to http://dharmadictionary.net.
Tibetan Technical dictionaries
- The Illuminator, by Tony Duff and PKTC, and other well-researched dictionaries are available here.
Among the dictionaries available at PKTC are:
- The Illuminator Tibetan-English Dictionary
- Sarat Chandra Das‘s Tibetan-English Dictionary
- Geshe Chodrak‘s Tibetan-Tibetan Dictionary
- The Mahavyutpatti, Sanskrit-Tibetan-English Glossary
- A Dictionary of Learned and or Accomplished People of Tibet
- Chronological Dictionary of Tibetan Luminaries
- House of Cloves, A Nice Explanation that Shows the Differences Between Old and New Terminology of the Tibetan Language
- http://dharmadictionary.net This wiki contains the latest Tibetan dictionary content.
- http://www.eng-tib.com/ English-Tibetan Online dictionary.
- http://www.thlib.org/reference/translation-tool/ THLib Tibetan to English Translation Tool
- Enter Tibetan in Wylie; searches multiple dictionaries and gives result in Tibetan font with much detail. Common words and some dharma words. Shows Tibetan in Wylie, and in u-chen as an image.
- http://shedra.org Rangjung Yeshe Shedra
- http://www.thlib.org/reference/dictionaries/tibetan-dictionary/ The Tibetan and Himalayan Library Tibetan Historical Dictionary
- List coming soon!
Link pages for dictionaries
- http://multilingualbooks.com/onlinedicts-tibetan.html Links to Tibetan dictionaries at MultiLingualBooks.com
- How to create your own dictionary from glossary-files
- Transliteration Tools for converting Wylie/Bod-Yig to better search the dictionaries.