From Digital Tibetan
The best dictionary tool for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android:
- GoldenDict - online and offline Tibetan dictionaries combined. (Windows, Mac OS-X, Linux)
- Tibetan Dictionaries for Mobile Devices (Android, iPhone, iPad)
Tibetan Technical dictionaries
- The Illuminator, by Tony Duff and PKTC, and other well-researched dictionaries are available here.
Among the dictionaries available at PKTC are:
- The Illuminator Tibetan-English Dictionary
- Sarat Chandra Das‘s Tibetan-English Dictionary
- Geshe Chodrak‘s Tibetan-Tibetan Dictionary
- The Mahavyutpatti, Sanskrit-Tibetan-English Glossary
- A Dictionary of Learned and or Accomplished People of Tibet
- Chronological Dictionary of Tibetan Luminaries
- House of Cloves, A Nice Explanation that Shows the Differences Between Old and New Terminology of the Tibetan Language
- http://dharmadictionary.net This wiki contains the latest Tibetan dictionary content.
- http://www.eng-tib.com/ English-Tibetan Online dictionary.
- http://www.thlib.org/reference/translation-tool/ THLib Tibetan to English Translation Tool
- Enter Tibetan in Wylie; searches multiple dictionaries and gives result in Tibetan font with much detail. Common words and some dharma words. Shows Tibetan in Wylie, and in u-chen as an image.
- http://shedra.org Rangjung Yeshe Shedra
- http://www.thlib.org/reference/dictionaries/tibetan-dictionary/ The Tibetan and Himalayan Library Tibetan Historical Dictionary
Link pages for dictionaries
- http://multilingualbooks.com/onlinedicts-tibetan.html Links to Tibetan dictionaries at MultiLingualBooks.com
- How to create your own dictionary from glossary-files
- Transliteration Tools for converting Wylie/Bod-Yig to better search the dictionaries.