Installing Monlam BodYig
Installing Monlam BodyYig v.3 (Windows XP and Vista)
The "Monlam bodyig" installer is more than just the Monlam font. It has:
- The many beautiful Monlam fonts.
- A keyboard input program ("IME")
- A helpful PDF file with more info.
How to install
Get Monlam BodYig V3
- The latest files, are at http://lobsangmonlam.org/Product.html
- You can also get Monlam BodYig from http://www.tibetangeeks.com/downloads/bodyig/Monlam_BodYig-v.3/
Double-click on the icon. You will see a beautiful installer interface, with icons to click on, and instructions in Tibetan. For those of us who may have an easier time with English(!), here is a summary (needs work, coming up):
First window: Windows Macintosh | v Second window: 1st icon vase: Click here to: install monlam bodyig v.3 fonts 2nd icon globe/clock: This is for "usp10.dll" - you probably have it, and don't need to install this one. (I think it is for converting windows tools (math, calendar, maybe folder names) to tibetan) | v "Windows/Vista" | v Vista icon dunno yet ... OR ... | v XP icon - "USP 10" usp10.dll comes with Windows Service packs, so you probably have it. You can search your computer, search for usp10.dll I found several on mine! 3rd icon keyboard Installs keyboard input program. There are four choices: monlam (v1) / tcrc da ... hi yig monlam (v2) (You can choose any or all)
Restart your computer
How to use
Many beautiful Tibetan fonts are now in your Control Panel -> Fonts. They should appear in font menus in all your programs. You should be able to see any Tibetan file now in BodYig.
- right-click on taskbar
- select Toolbars -> Language bar
- click on language bar
- -> Should show one or more tibetan keyboards (depending on what you selected when installed keyboard.
- Select one (monlam bodyig)(You can also do ctrl-shift to switch languages)
- Tibetan Input Method
- Tibetan Input Method for Windows
- Tibetan Input Method for Mac OS-X
- Preparing Computers for Tibetan Editing