How to edit Tibetan texts
From Digital Tibetan
- Follow Preparing Computers for Tibetan Editing to setup your computer for Tibetan editing.
- Get the latest version of LibreOffice for your platform
- Now follow: LibreOffice / OpenOffice configuration for Tibetan script support
Start LibreOffice and make sure that your Tibetan Input Method is running.
- Windows users should start TISE. TISE can be switched on and off with <shift>-<space>, or by clicking on the Mount-Kailash icon on the right side of Windows task-bar. A short introduction on how to type with TISE can be found here: Tibetan Input Method
- You should now be able to create and edit Tibetan Unicode texts. Check Formatting rules for Tibetan text for more information on how to properly format Tibetan using LibreOffice with Tibetan Formatting LibreOffice Extension.
- If you already have Tibetan texts in some proprietary format, simply follow: How to convert different legacy formats of Tibetan texts into standard Unicode Tibetan
- You can download a sample document in LibreOffice-format: the Seven Line Prayer.odt
- Pecha creation: How to create pechas with LibreOffice
- Formatting rules for Tibetan text - This article explains the basic rules for formatting Tibetan texts, and shows how to use OpenOffice to create properly formatted Tibetan documents.
- Tibetan Formatting LibreOffice Extension - The extension allows left/right justification of Tibetan text including automatic Rinchen Spungs Shad handling.
- A spellchecker for Tibetan and Libre- or OpenOffice. A spellchecking extension for Libre- and OpenOffice provided by Elie Roux.
- Configuring Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 or 2010 for Tibetan script
- How to prepare InDesign CS5 for Tibetan script